Wondering how you can join Wandering Minds? Here’s everything you need to know!
Wandering Minds is open to all undergraduate students at Boston University. Joining Wandering Minds is FREE and there are no dues required for membership or auditions!
If you’re looking to get started, here’s what to do:
- Email email@example.com and tell us your life story and that you want to join! But mostly that you want to join.
- Come to one of our monthly general meetings! Dates & times can be found on the Events page
Already a Wandering Minds member? Join our Facebook group!
Want to be an actor? We can make that happen for you, no experience necessary! Read on for details on the audition process.
There’s no need to prepare a piece to bring to your audition! Audition sides will be provided by the directors, and you’ll have time to practice before entering the audition room. When you arrive at the audition room, you will fill out a provided audition form.
You only need to attend one night of auditions, and you do not need to stay for the entire 4 hours. Just show up at any point between the listed hours–the audition process will take about 30 minutes total.
Audition for as many shows as you’d like — and of course, have fun with it!
Callback lists are sent out via email shortly after auditions are finished, and callbacks take place the day after auditions.
Wandering Minds is proud to offer members the chance to work in a huge variety of theater tech-related positions:
Have no idea how to do any of these? Fear not! We are a teaching group, and are happy to show members the ropes of any department. Tech workshops are also held for each department each semester. Come to our tech or general meetings to find out more.
Executive Board – Leadership Positions
If you stick around for a semester or two, you might be able to run for one of our e-board positions!
- President: You’re the head honcho. You lead General Meetings and Executive Board meetings, watch over the group, and represent us.
- Vice President: You’re the president’s sidekick, and your primary responsibility is reserving rooms and performance spaces.
- Secretary: You get to take notes at E-Board meetings and send emails to the group!
- Treasurer: You get to deal with all of Wandering Minds’ finances!
- Technical Advisor: You assign members to tech positions for each show, and oversee all tech-related aspects of the group.
- Production Manager: You get to maintain social media outlets like this website and plan MDoFs!
Check the Wandering Minds constitutution for a more detailed descriptions and qualifications of leadership positions.